About Me
Friday, March 2, 2012
Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? by Dr. Seuss
In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday...
I absolutely love this book. Much like Oh, The Places You'll Go, this book is a lengthy work of inspirational creative writing. Beyond the inspiration, Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? teaches something very important, perspective. I think this is something kids need in the midst of epidemics of excess and self pity. Nothing brings you out of feeling sorry for yourself faster than thinking of someone who has it worse than you. This book teaches that in a fun way, without the downer that comes with thinking of the starving and destitute ("There are starving kids in Africa that would love to eat that" - ring any bells?) I highly recommend for the tween and teen crowds, and I've enjoyed it as a reminder into adulthood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment