About Me

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Fiction - 2 stars

I gave this book 2 stars only because I am supposed to appreciate it as a work of fine literature. Never before reading this, and not since I read Love in the Time of Cholera have I experienced such a violent dislike of book or a writer. Now, I am not a huge Hemingway fan, but I would read A Farewell to Arms once a week for a year before I would pick up another Faulkner work. If you are a Faulkner fan, I am sorry if I've offended you. However, "No way, Jose - you can't make me" is what I would say if anyone asked me to read Faulkner again. Can you tell I didn't like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment