About Me

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

Historical Fiction - 3.5 stars

I absolutely loved this book! The story of Carrie McLellan, a historical fiction writer who moves to a small village on the eastern Scottish coast, unfolds while she is writing her latest book which features an ancestor who is closer than Carrie knows. With comparisons of Kearsley to Diana Gabaldon (my favorite writer!), it was handed to me by my friend Susan who thought of me when she read it. I can see why, as the historical research and the setting make this book as close to perfect for me as any out there. My only complaint is the lack of detail that Kearsley gives the main character and her main character's appearances. Other than lovely with bright hair, I have no image of Sophia. Nevertheless, I loved the story and the characters. Totally recommend this book to anyone who likes history or Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment