About Me

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker

Youth fiction - 3 stars
Megan and I just read this for our Mother/Daughter book club, and Megan absolutely loved it. Because of her opinion of the book, I'll refrain from giving my true opinion and just say it was mildly entertaining. A very easy read, this is a conglomeration of many other classical fairy tales thrown into the frog prince story to give it a twist. It is a somewhat visual book, and I can see why Disnay made their most recent animated film based on this book. However, it was also filled with the silliness that so often ruins Disney movies for me (Lilo & Stitch is a perfect example). Susan hit it right on the nose when she said this the perfect summer beach read for the 10-13 year-old crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment